These are some strange times. As you read this I hope you are safe, healthy and at ease. Though, I image, you are likely experiencing a wide range of emotions as we navigate these rough seas. There is a lot of collective fear happening in our society right now, understandably so. These are unprecedented times filled with so much uncertainty. We know that fear can be a useful tool, it can propel us to take right action. However, it can easily overwhelm us and get in the way of our self care. We don’t want to get stuck in our fear, for this reason it can be helpful to have practices that allow us to move through our feelings. I have included a guided meditation below that focuses on inviting a sense of peacefulness, contentment and serenity. This meditation practice is credited to Laurel Parnell founder of the Parnell Training Institute for EMDR which offers trainings in Attachment-Focused EMDR. This guided meditation was taken from her book “Tapping In”, you can learn more about Laurel and her offerings HERE. I hope you find this mediation soothing during these challenging times.
Some known benefits of guided meditations are:
- Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations.
- Building coping skills to manage your stress.
- Increasing self-awareness.
- Stress reduction
- Reduces negative emotions
- Increasing imagination and creativity.
In peace and health,
CLICK HERE FOR THE GUIDED MEDITATION
- This is not a substitute for therapy. If you need support please don’t hesitate to reach out, you can connect with me HERE, or try psychologytoday.com or goodtherapy.org to find a therapist.
Leave A Comment